Ashley Burris, NP-C, Director of Clinical Operations
- Undergraduate – Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Registered Nurse (RN) - University of West Georgia
- Graduate School- Masters of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Emory University
- Registered Nurse - Georgia
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Georgia
- Board Certified with American Academy of Nurse Practitioners as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Piedmont Eastside Medical Center
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett
- Northside Hospital Duluth
Beginning her NP career in hospital-based gastroenterology, Ms. Burris switched to Georgia Nephrology in 2014 after seeing first-hand how great their physicians are with patients and staff alike.
Ms. Burris became a nurse because she enjoys helping people, which is something she's been able to continue doing as a nurse practitioner and now as Director of Clinical Operations. She believes healthcare should be informative and educational at every step of the way, so patients can make the best decisions for themselves and their families. She enjoys working with all types of nephrology patients, from chronic kidney disease to dialysis, because of the variety of medical complexities and various areas of growth for both the patient and herself.
Originally from Rome, Georgia, Ms. Burris began college at The Georgia Institute of Technology. She quickly learned that her true passion was helping others (not engineering), so she then attended nursing school at UWG. She enjoys music and played on the drumline during high school and college. After graduating nursing school, she worked at Northside Hospital Atlanta for 4 years, eventually attending Emory University.
She has a wonderful, supportive husband and 3 crazy kids that keep them busy with sports and other activities. They also have a Boxer puppy that adds a little more fun into the mix!