Sharad Virmani, MD, FASN
- Medical School – Morehouse School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency - Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Nephrology & Hypertension Fellowship - Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Board Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine – Nephrology Subspecialty
- Piedmont Eastside Medical Center
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett
- Northside Hospital Duluth
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Dr. Virmani was born and raised in Columbus, Georgia. After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Emory University and attending the Moorehouse School of Medicine, he returned to Georgia following his clinical training in Miami, Florida. He joined Georgia Nephrology in 2014.
Dr. Virmani cares deeply about providing clear communication to his patients on oftentimes complex disease processes of the kidney and their therapies. He has a special interest in treating glomerular diseases, hypertension, and renal replacement therapies, with a focus on home dialysis therapies. He collaborates with physicians across the country in promoting higher standards of care for home dialysis therapies with Fresenius Kidney Care. Dr. Virmani is Medical Director of Fresenius Dialysis Clinics in Dacula and Alpharetta.
Dr. Virmani is currently Vice Chief of Staff and Board of Trustee Member of Emory Johns Creek Hospital, where he also chairs the Credentials Committee, and is a member of the Peer Review Committee.
Dr. Virmani is committed to his community's well being. He is a former Young Executive Board Member of the Atlanta Police Foundation and was a founding Medical Director and former Board of Trustee member of The Urban Clinic of Atlanta, the largest free clinic in Metro Atlanta.
His ultimate passion is watching his three children grow, and help him cook breakfast in the morning!