Each member of our team is hand-selected because of their demonstrated expertise in kidney care. Every one of our providers pursues ongoing training so they can provide you with the latest advancements in kidney care options.
Shonkeisha Byrd, DNP
- Undergraduate – Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Registered Nurse (RN) - Western Governor's University
- Graduate School- Masters of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Western Governor's University
- Graduate School - Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - Augusta State University
- Registered Nurse - Georgia
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Georgia
- Board Certified with American Academy of Nurse Practitioners as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care Adult Geriatric Advanced Practice Provider
- Emory Decatur Hospital
- Emory Hillandale Hospital
- Piedmont Rockdale
- Piedmont Newton Hospital
Ms. Byrd has been practicing with Georgia Nephrology since 2021. Her passion for patient care started as a nursing assistant at a local nursing home while in high school. Her career in nursing began in 2007.
Ms. Byrd received her Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree in 2020 from Augusta University, one of her biggest accomplishments. Her ministry for patient care is what drives her values as she practices medicine. She has an affinity for the older adult population.
Ms. Byrd has one daughter, and has been married to a military vet for 25 years. Her family has a new puppy named Oreo. When she is not sewing, she is dreaming about sewing. She likes to think it keeps her sane.